Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Beginnings in LA!


Hey there! Greetings from LA (a.k.a- La La Land)!! I moved up last weekend for a new job and so far, so good! I've never been a huge fan of "Hollywood"...but figured its the best area for me to be living at this stage of my life and also for more design opportunities. I'm loving the artsy vibe, beaches and all the things to see and do! Hoping to take full advantage of this situation and to get the most out of it! I just joined LA Curly Girls, which I've been wanting to do and I'm so excited- looking forward to attending their events and making new friends!

Also, in other exciting news...this past Saturday, I walked upon a brand new Devachan Salon that opened in my neighborhood (by accident), and was sooo pleasantly surprised by this discovery! I love the Curly Girl Handbook by Lorraine Massey and have wanted to visit a Devachan salon for a while now! So although my Sofie is tiny right now...I'm definitely looking forward to making an appointment as she gets a little "bigger/older".




Well, not much else has changed in my curly world. It's been about 3 1/2 weeks since my BC, but I can already see the growth...it's amazing how fast your hair grows when it's so short! I recently started taking a daily multivitamin from Trader Joe's which focuses on hair, skin and nails- not so much to help with growth (or speeding up the process because I don't believe it does that) but to ensure I'm getting all the necessary nutrients to support a healthy and full head of curls! I'm also working on a "Curly Girl" sketchbook, or journal where I can add inspiration images and helpful information that I can access on a more tangible level (in addition to this blog). What do you do to help stay on track and keep yourself motivated/inspired?!? I'd love to hear from you! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment