Friday, July 20, 2012

6 Days Post BC & Honey/Olive Oil Conditioner

So today makes almost a week since my BC and I feel like this time around, it's totally changed my life! I just love the fact that Sofie is so healthy and officially on the road to growing fuller and happier! She's soooo short though...I think some strands might be at least an inch long, when stretched...but others are definitely shorter (especially around the sides and the very back). But I must say, the tiny curls are too cute for words! *wink*

Now, since the health of my hair is the main goal in this process...I figured I better get in the habit of deep conditioning and what better time than the present. So earlier today I decided to try the honey/olive oil conditioner that can be found in the Thank God I'm Natural book (pictured below). I also read a post that Elle did on this conditioner after she BC'd which pushed me to try it out!




I purchased organic olive oil and honey from my local grocery store on the way home from the gym and got right to it! The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of olive oil. You have to make sure to combine both ingredients well (which requires a bit of mixing to get the olive oil to blend evenly with the honey). The consistency should be like maple syrup when its mixed well. Given the fact that my hair is so short, I definitely didn't need to use this whole mixture for one application, so I used enough to fully saturate my whole head and saved the rest in a reusable plastic container with a label noting the contents and the date- then stuck the rest in the fridge for next week. I threw a plastic cap over my head and let it sit for 30-35 mins. Pretty easy peasy!

Once it was time to rinse, I hoped in the shower and let the water run through my hair for a little bit while massaging the conditioner out. Then I washed my hair once with Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo (which is free of sulfates, parabens and a bunch of other unnatural things). I then did one more rinse with TRESemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner. For my styling products, I used:

Paul Mitchell Original The Conditioner (leave-in)

I really liked this honey/olive oil conditioner, its supposed to make your hair soft and shiny and I feel it did accomplish both things quite nicely! I will probably continue doing this conditioner at least once a week if not twice. Although, I do have a few other DC's that I like, which I will rotate from time to time, but I'll talk about those another day...

Here are some pics/close-ups of the results...





I haven't noticed much hair shed since the chop, so I guess that means no breakage and/or split ends! Yeeeaaaayyyy!

Have any of you ever tried the honey/olive oil conditioner? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, what deep conditioners do you like/recommend? Thanks loves! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment