Sunday, July 15, 2012

Introducing Sofia! (a.k.a Sofie)


I DID IT!! Meet Sofia, or as I'd like to call her, Sofie (since she's pretty tiny). After much thought, I finally did the BIG CHOP today! Although I've already done this a few times...I was pretty reluctant this time around, but knew it was really the only way to go. As I said in my previous post...my hair had suffered some major heat damage from blow drying and flat ironing too often earlier this year, so the front wasn't really curling up anymore and the back was curling, but not nearly as much as it did (pre-heat damage). My main goal was just to get back to curly and healthy...whatever it took, and this was it! The positive side- it's JUST hair and it grows back *wink*! So here's to a happy and healthy head of curls! Hip-hip-Hoooorrraaayyyyy!!! Yeeaaayyyyyy! Here are a few more pics...




Products Used;
Co washed with- TRESemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner
Leave-in Conditioner- Paul Mitchell Original The Conditioner (Leave-in Moisturizer)
Styling Gel- DevaCurl Angel

I've been using TRESemme Naturals conditioner for a few weeks now and love it...it's very moisturizing and has a lot of slip, which is great for detangling when your hair is longer. This was my first time using both Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and DevaCurl Angel. So far so good...but I will have to give it more time to see how my hair reacts. I definitely think my hair is a little on the dry side, which seems to be normal after a big chop (from the research I've done), so we'll see how it goes over the next week or so.

I went to my girl Alexxus at the Frederick Michael Salon in San Diego and she hooked it up! She has a FB page where you can check out the rest of her work! She's pretty awesome! Thanks Alexxus!!!

Also, please feel free to share any helpful tips or advice on what to do post BC. Thanks loves! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment